We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing a reaction while using Annmarie Skin Care! We understand how frustrating and alarming this can be.
There are several possible causes and solutions to explore:
- If you started using several (or all) of our products at once, it may be that you need to transition more slowly (one or two products at a time) so your skin has time to get used to a new product line, especially if you’re moving from a line with chemical ingredients to a natural skincare line.
- Test your skin type to make sure you are using the best products suited for your skin. Here’s where you can learn how to do this simple test. It may be that your choice of products does not quite suit your unique needs. If you need more help figuring out which products would work best with your skin, let us know more about what you’re experiencing and your skin care goals. We're happy to help you find the perfect routine for your skin! Give our Insider Sales Team a call at 855.582.0041.
- What do your diet and lifestyle look like now? Has anything changed in either of those areas recently? Changes in nutrition, hydration, stress/emotions, environment, hormones and lifestyle all express in the skin.
- The high antioxidant levels in our facial oils could pull impurities of the skin in people who are susceptible to this. This purging is a good thing, but we completely understand how much of a pain this is. This reaction can happen for a month, but most typically lasts 2-3 weeks. Then it slows down and goes away and your skin should look and feel better than ever.
- If you have oily skin and are using a creamy cleanser, like our Aloe Herb Facial Cleanser, it may be too rich for your skin. We recommend that those with oily skin and/or those who are prone to clogged pores use our Citrus Mint Facial Cleanser or Rosemary Peppermint Body Wash to cleanse their face instead.
- If you’re using our Herbal Facial Oil for Oily Skin, it’s possible that this product is too potent for your skin to handle right now. One thing you can do is mix one of our Toning Mists with the oil (one drop at a time, blend) in the palm of your hand, then apply the mixture to your face. Using this technique, you can gradually increase the number of drops of the oil you use in a mixture with the mist, which should make your skin happier. It could also be that the formula of the Herbal Facial Oil for Normal & Combination Skin would suit you better.
Below are a couple of things that should help speed up the removal of impurities:
- Drink fresh lemon water first thing in the morning (mix fresh lemon juice in a cup of water) and do some general liver cleansing.
- Use our Purifying Mud Mask 1-2 times a week to help absorb excess oil.
Purifying Mud Mask: put a half-teaspoon of the powder into the palm of your hand and then dribble a tiny bit of water into it. Mix together to make a creamy mud. Apply to the oily parts of your face, wait 10-15 minutes, then remove with your wet hands or cloth. This may be used as a spot treatment, too. Using both products at the same time, or using them too often may irritate your skin even more.
If you put some of these suggestions into play and you’re still breaking out, please let us know!